OUR NEXT TRAINING
Understanding Mental Health Conditions:
What people and families living with the conditions want professionals to know.
Live ZOOM Webinar
October 27, 2020 & October 28, 2020, 2:00-4:00 pm
Join us for this 2-day, 4-hour presentation on the NAMI Provider Course. (Attendees will need to attend both days and pass a brief test to receive credit). 4 Continuing Education Units issued by VHFA
This training is free, but you must register.
Registration closes at noon on 10/26/2020. - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
The course reflects a new knowledge base - the “lived experiences” of people coping with a mental illness or caring for someone who lives with a mental illness. Including this deeply personal perspective creates an appreciable difference in the program’s content. It adds a means of teaching the emotional aspects and practical consequences of these illnesses to the academic medical information in the course.
Session Learning Objectives:
1. Understand the mission of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and the types of services the organization offers.
2. Recognize the traumatic impact that living with mental illness has on the person and the family, even in times of wellness.
3. Describe that understanding mental illnesses through the lens of the “lived experience” is one way healthcare professionals can enhance the provision care delivery.
4. Learn the emotional stages of response to mental illness experienced by the individual and their family.
5. Identify ways in which healthcare professionals can benefit from referring families and caregivers to NAMI Education Programs.
Sponsored By: NAMI Vermont, Vermont Housing Managers Association, NERSC & VHFA
SPONSOR A TRAINING
VRSC is a membership organization of professionals from throughout the state. Offered in the spring and fall, trainings include lunch and are open to the public for a small fee of $10. VRSC and VHMA members can attend at no charge. With attendance averaging around 50 people, the trainings cover topics that are not only relevant to Resident Service Coordinators, but other housing professionals, social workers, and community service providers. These meetings are an excellent opportunity to network, build relationships, and learn best practices. We rely on the support of our sponsors to help offset the costs of meeting location, professional fees and meals. For information on the available sponsorship opportunities, please click here.
ASSOCIATION SPONSORS INCLUDE
VRSC meetings are held following the trainings and lunch. Meetings generally last 1 hour and are open to members and prospective members. Our Annual Meeting is held in the fall when we vote in new officers, approve a new budget, review annual materials, and discuss future trainings.
Additional trainings are available through our partners. Click here for more information.